PhD Graduate Student, Department of Electrical Engineering
- 249D Fitzpatrick Hall, Notre Dame, IN 46556
- B.Sc., Electrical Engineering, Bangladesh University of Engineering and Technology , Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2009
My research interests are on chip-to-chip optical integration for developing a mid-IR on-chip modular optical sensing system and incorporating mid-infrared vibrational spectroscopic approaches with label-free biomarker detection using microfluidic.
Optical Quilt Packaging
- Tahsin Ahmed, Erick Foster, Genevieve Vigil, Aamir A Khan, Paul Bohn, Scott S Howard, “Label free detection of phospholipids by infrared absorption spectroscopy,” Proc. SPIE 9166, Biosensing and Nanomedicine VII, 91660H (August 27, 2014).
- Tahsin Ahmed, Aamir A Khan, Genevieve Vigil, Jason M Kulick, Gary H Bernstein, Anthony J Hoffman, Scott S Howard, “Optical Quilt Packaging: A New Chip-to-Chip Optical Coupling and Alignment Process for Modular Sensors,” CLEO: Applications and Technology,San Jose, California, USA, June 8-13, 2014.
- Tahsin Ahmed, Thomas Butler, Aamir A. Khan, Jason M. Kulick, Gary H. Bernstein, Anthony J. Hoffman, and Scott S. Howard, “FDTD modeling of chip-to-chip waveguide coupling via optical quilt packaging,” Proc. SPIE 8844, Optical System Alignment, Tolerancing, and Verification VII, 88440C (September 10, 2013).
- Genevieve D. Vigil, Alexander J. Adami, Tahsin Ahmed, Aamir Khan, Sarah Chapman, Biree Andemariam, Roger S. Thrall, and Scott S. Howard, “Label-free and depth resolved optical sectioning of iron-complex deposits in sickle cell disease splenic tissue by multiphoton microscopy,” J. Biomed. Opt. 20(6), 066001 (Jun 04, 2015).
- Aamir A. Khan, Eric R. DeLeon, Tahsin Ahmed, Susan K. Fullerton-Shirey, Kenneth R. Olson, and Scott S. Howard, “Chemical Probes for Two-Photon Bioimaging Based on Surfactant Nanomicelles and Ormosil PEBBLEs,” CLEO: Applications and Technology, San Jose, California, USA, June 9-14, 2013.
- Aamir A Khan, Tahsin Ahmed, Genevieve Vigil, Susan K Fullerton-Shirey, Scott S Howard, “Photophysical properties of novel Ru-complex probes for two-photon dissolved oxygen imaging,” CLEO: Applications and Technology,San Jose, California, USA, June 8-13, 2014.
- Genevieve Vigil, Tahsin Ahmed, Aamir Kahn, Scott Howard, Alexander Adami, Roger Thrall, “Intrinsic Two-Photon Excited Fluorescence of Sickle Cell Disease Tissue using Multiphoton Microscopy,” Biomedical Optics, 2014.